Ripe berries rot in the fields with nobody to pick them. Desperate farmers scour the streets for more labor, and come away empty-handed. Grocery stores respond with ever-higher prices. Only you can rescue us!
Do you care about direct impact on a fundamental industry?
Are you ready to unleash your creativity and technical excellence in a safe and healthy environment?
Are you eager to control a real-life robot every single day?
If so, we need you.
At Traptic, we build farming robots. We are a venture-backed Bay Area startup that is saving US fruit and vegetable growers from a critical labor shortage. We deploy robotics, computer vision, and custom graspers in a novel machine that will harvest delicate crops quickly, cost effectively and at extremely high quality. Your contributions will play a pivotal role in our growing team, and you will have serious social impact by helping humanity to grow food more cheaply and sustainably. Come join our team as we feed the world.
We are engineers and industry professionals passionate about achieving technical breakthroughs at the intersection of robotics and agriculture. We rely on rapid prototyping and experimentation and continually discover new ways to test and iterate faster. We insist on a respectful atmosphere and healthy communication, and we make time for personal growth even with ambitious timelines. You will help us grow our team while maintaining an extraordinary level of effectiveness.
Traptic is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Develop full-stack software that runs farm robots
• Build tools and processes to manage the 10-100GB/day of data generated by our robots
• Design and implement systems for controlling, monitoring, and debugging deployed machines
• Collaborate closely with mechanical engineers during each phase of the development process
• Travel to muddy farms to test your software (<10% travel)
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science (or equivalent work experience)
• 1 or more years industry experience building software (including non-robotic software)
• Some experience with C++
• Live in Bay Area (relocation assistance available)
• Proficient in C++ and Python